How is the information stored?
- All data are stored in one file with the extension "* .sdf". You can specify the location of this file.
- The quotes for the instruments used to test the strategies are stored in the folder "My documents\MaxProfit 4.0\History"
- The data from charts(various lines, indicators and other elements) that you added when testing the strategies are in the folder "My documents\MaxProfit 4.0\Tester" .
Important!!! Do not store the database file in the folders intended for synchronization with the various "cloud" services, such as Google Drive, MicroSoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Box and etc. At the time of synchronization these services block the database file what leads to errors in the program. To use the same database on different computers use the synchronization mechanism.
For obtaining the detailed information on working with the databases, read the relevant sections:
- If you are working with a single database, then you can set the flag "Set as Default" in the window "Select Database". If this flag is set, then when the program is launched, the window "Select Database" will not appear and the program will automatically connect to the selected database. In this case, use the item from the main Menu -> Databases -> Select Database to re-open the window "Select Database".
- After installing any new version of the program and before the first launch, an archive copy of the database being launched will be automatically made into the folder "My documents\MaxProfit 4.0\Archive"
- To prevent the loss of information, set the Database backup